Substance Use Disorder Counseling

Apply for a Certified Substance Use Disorder Counselor Intern License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Official transcripts documenting an associate’s degree or equivalent.
  • Official transcripts documenting completion of the pre-requisite courses in human growth and development across the lifespan and general psychology.
  • Official transcript or certificate from an accredited institution or higher education that verifies completion of the substance abuse education program that includes and verifies completion of at least 200 hours of substance use disorder related education and a supervised practicum of at least 200 hours. (This information must be identified)

Transcripts are considered "official" when they are sent directly from the school to DOPL or sealed in an envelope bearing the school’s stamp/seal on the envelope flap.

Apply Online