Substance Use Disorder Counseling

Apply for a Certified Advanced Substance Use Disorder Counselor License (You do not hold a Certified Advanced SUDC Intern License)

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Official transcripts documenting a bachelor’s degree or higher and completion.
  • Official transcripts documenting completion of the pre-requisite courses in human growth and development across the lifespan and general psychology.
  • Official transcripts or certificate from an accredited institution or higher education verifying completion of the substance abuse education program that includes completion of at least 300 hours of substance use disorder related education and a supervised practicum of at least 350 hours. (This information must be identified on the certificate of transcript)

Transcripts are considered "official" when they are sent directly from the school to DOPL or sealed in an envelope bearing the school's stamp/seal on the envelope flap

Apply Online