Social Work

Apply for a Social Service Worker License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

If you are currently licensed as a social service worker in a state, territory, or district of the United States you may qualify for licensure by endorsement. Click here for additional information.

Apply Online

The following requirements must be met:


  • Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
    – OR –
  • Master’s degree in Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Mental Counseling
    – OR –
  • Bachelor’s degree in another field AND
    • Completed three semester hours (or the equivalent) each in the area of Social Welfare Policy, Human Growth and Development (across the lifespan, and Social Work Practice Methods.
    • Completed 2,000 hours of qualifying experience.
    • Supervisor completed experience form

    – OR –

  • Completed first academic year of a CSWE approved Master’s of Social Work curriculum and practicum.