Hearing Instrument

Apply for a Hearing Instrument Specialist License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

If you are currently licensed as the equivalent of a Hearing Instrument Specialist in another state, territory, or district of the United States you may qualify for licensure by endorsement. Click here for additional information on requirements and how to apply.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Verification of graduation OR other jurisdiction license verification;
  • Pass the NBC-HIS National Competency Exam (NCE) and obtain full board certification; and,
  • Pass the Utah Hearing Instrument Specialists Law and Rule Exam.
Apply Online